Friday, December 09, 2005

Why not super powers?



I've been reading, occasionally, of new genetic technology. Basically you can pre-determine what sex you child will be. You can set up your child’s genes so they will be grow up to be a good musician, a good athlete, etc. If we have this sort of power than why aren't we using it for way more awesome things? What comes to mind immediately for me, is super powers.
Here are several super powers that we should be working on twisting and turning our DNA codes to bring these dreams to life.

1. Bulletproof skin- I mean, why not? How sweet would that be? Obviously you would still be able to feel things. It'll even sting if you get shot but, like they say (even though I've always been curious as to who these "they" characters are) no pain, no gain. Think of the possibilities for our soldiers in Iraq. It would make us invincible. I don't condone violence however, I don't condone our soldiers dying for an unjust war. This would clearly turn the tables in the soldiers favor. Also you wouldn't get pesky cuts and scratches. Mosquitoes couldn't bite through your skin. The only problem I can come up with would be surgery and injections, etc. I've got a solution though. A material that is only available to Doctors to get through the skin. It would work, and be quite sweet I might add.

2. Invisibility-Don't lie. We've all thought about it. What would happen if we were invisible? I'm sure you can come up with the obvious possibilities. It would rock, basically. Walk around naked, spy on the ladies, sneak in and out of awkward situations undetected, the list goes on.

3. The ability to shape shift-You ever want to feel what the female orgasm is all about. Sneak into VIP parties. That would all be at your fingertips with this power. I know what some of you are thinking. If there were invisibility and shape shifting, everyone would be a criminal mastermind. WRONG! If you're an upstanding citizen, you know you'll raise your child properly. He'll grow up to be a super-HERO not a super-villain. You could always use more super-heroes.

4. Flying-Do I have to explain this one?

And there you have it. There are obviously many more super powers that would be super sweet but that's all I have the stamina for tonight. If you want to play God with your "gene technology" (Despite the phrasing I don't really have anything against it. Don't read too much into me. I'm pretty base) then why not make the human race even sweeter than it already is. It seems to me like evolution has stopped. Humans are humans and that's it. Why not speed up the process if we can? Bring humans to an even more awesome point. Come on now, it makes sense.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bryan said...

i am a fan of all these superpowers. i know that i would gladly take any of the ones listed and most the ones i know that you are a fan of, but didn't post. solid post.

7:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CaptPat2287 (4:13:47 PM): i like wills blog
oh moche (4:13:54 PM): yeah
oh moche (4:14:22 PM): he's a funny guy
oh moche (4:14:36 PM): his posts are more infrequent
oh moche (4:15:46 PM): and *cough* not quite as good as mine

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home